Advocating for the regulated health care community for over 25 years.
Weinman, Arnold LLP lawyers are health care lawyers. As a boutique health law firm located in Toronto, Ontario, we know health care law.
Our skilled health law lawyers provide efficient, professional and cost-effective results. We have comprehensive experience representing professionals with their health care law and related concerns.
We advocate on behalf of all regulated health care professionals. We quickly assess and address complex legal and regulatory issues and provide our clients with the most strategic options.
Your time is precious; we respond quickly to clients’ needs finding practical legal solutions. Keeping our clients well informed, we help alleviate your worries and concerns. Weinman, Arnold LLP lawyers understand regulated professionals because we are regulated professionals. We are health care law lawyers for health care professionals.
Areas of Practice
Our health lawyers work to achieve the best outcome, from College Complaints to Disciplinary Proceedings, through to litigation. We have years of experience, knowledge and understanding of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) and the professions it regulates. Our clients rely on our health care lawyers to meet Quality Assurance and other professional responsibilities. Our health care lawyers appear at all levels of court and provincial tribunals at all stages of litigation. Our lawyers fearlessly advance every argument until we achieve the best possible outcome.
Our lawyers also give expert advice to employees and employers regarding employment law matters, all contract matters and business matters including the purchase and sale of health businesses and clinics. We assist in structuring health care businesses, and professional incorporations. We draft partnership and associate agreements, and represent your interests in legal disputes and business disputes.
Professional Regulation & Discipline
- Responding to College Complaints (from employees, employers, patients, and hospital administrators)
- Section 75 and other investigations
- Responding to mandatory reports
- Prehearing settlements
- College Disciplinary proceedings and follow up
- Fitness to practice proceedings
- Disability proceedings including investigations
Appeals and Reviews
- Appeals and decisions of Regulatory Bodies
- Judicial review applications and Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB)
- Representation before health tribunals
- Civil litigation and appeals
Quality assurance proceedings (QA)
- Peer Reviews
- Assistance with compliance and monitoring
- Assistance with the preparation and review of porfolios
BUSINESS Matters including Contracts
- Employment contracts and employee terminations
- Contracts and agreements
- Compliance with College guidelines and professional standards
- Purchase and Sale agreements & transactions
- Employment disputes including employee terminations
- Workplace harassment and discrimination matters
- Partnership disputes
- OHIP disputes and other audits, including health care billing issues
- Advice regarding new health care businesses
- Rules and regulations respecting advertising in health care
- Preparation of practice templates and documents
College Registration committee proceedings
- Matters affecting applications for registration and licensure
- Dealing with extra-provincial (registrant) history
- Personal character issues such as questions of good character
- Review and appeals of biased and unfair outcomes
Privacy and Patient Information, Other disputes
- Record Keeping and ownership and transfer of records
- Privacy complaints, Privacy Commission Applications
- Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PEPIDA) obligations and breaches
- Human Rights Tribunal matters including Human Rights complaints
- Workplace harassment and discrimination issues
We would be pleased to participate in seminars or to lecture to your organization, on relevant and timely subject matters. Please contact us to inquire on topics and availability.
Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your industry along with any specific document requests. To help us best service your enquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.